When you walk through the front door, the first thing you see is our living room. . . . .and probably our puppy. (Daisy is in the bottom right corner) We bought that brown couch a few months before we got married. We got a killer deal on it and I was really excited. Sam's sister Jessie gave us the easy chair, which I also love. On the couch is a little teddy bear. Sam makes fun of me because he has twelve sweaters, one for every month of the year, and I change it on the first of every month. The end table was given to us by Sam's grandma Ann while the other furniture in the living room (2 book shelves and a TV stand) was generously given to us by a friend of my family, Brenda Ferries.
I have some wedding photo's hung up but, as you can see, I haven't decided on one for the middle right frame. On the left we have a copy of the proclamation to the world which we were given in the temple by our sealer. My school bags and books are what's cluttering the floor by the couch and book shelf. haha. I love this picture of Jesus that we have hanging in the living room.
My brother, Beau gave us this clock.
This is a better picture of the arm chair that Jessie and Aaron gave us. My Rachel Ray magazines are on it, along with this cute little Halloween ghost decoration.
This is the TV and TV stand. We are watching Castle. . . . . .SO addicting.
To the side of the living room, there is a small (VERY SMALL) guest bathroom.
The bathroom is decorated in dark green and brown, which gave me an excuse to put some of my little frog figurines in it. Below is a picture of Sam and I at the Hawaii temple on our honeymoon.
If you walk through our living room, you will walk straight into our kitchen/dining area. Again, it's pretty small.
The table was given to us by Sam's grandma Ann. We don't have chairs yet (yes we're newly weds) so we eat on the couch. . . . .I guess you could say that the table is more for show at the moment. . . . .plus it's a handy place for us to set junk. On the wall behind the table is a bulletin board filled with pictures of us and our families. Also, the frog calendar to the left.
I insisted that everything be red in our kitchen, so we have a red toaster, red microwave, red blender, red plates, bowls, mixing bowls, crock pot, you name it.
The little green things in front of the families are forever plaque are a little family of frogs.
I finger painted the pictures on the fridge. . . . .Sam thinks I'm crazy. . . . .I think I'm just cool :)
Next, you go up the stairs.
Once you get up the stairs, the first thing you see is our master bathroom...which is more like a regular bathroom.
I love the colors. My mom gave me most of this stuff as a birthday present just before we got married. I added the seashell wreath, pictures, and a few other things. (It's usually not this clean. . . . but that's a secret.)
Next, is our room.
Our bed was made by one of Sam's friends, Chad Graham. I love it! It's super tall so it took me a little while to get used to climbing up onto it! (I'm only 5'2") We each have a night stand, and Sam's parents gave us a dresser, which you can't see in any of these pictures. The blue box is Daisies bed. . . .She sleeps with her bed pushed up right beside my side of the bed. . . .otherwise she cries ALL NIGHT LONG.
We have a few pictures hanging
Daisy likes to hide under the bed when she's been naughty :)
My closet is in the master bedroom....
Sam's is in the spare bedroom.
Okay so. . . . mine is a little bit bigger, but look how much more stuff I have to accomodate!! Clearly I needed the bigger space :)
Last . . . . .I am embarrassed to show you...a place that not many people have dared to go before. . . Drum roll please.....
The "junk room"
(and this is after a lot of straightening and organizing. Sad huh?)
Well, there you have it! Hope you enjoyed your tour, come back again soon!! :)
super cute place. i'd kill for a bigger closet. :) not really. i'd never kill.
ReplyDeletealso, i totally WISH we had a junk room :)